April 25, 2010

Two Months

Evie turned 2 months old on April 14th. Uploading pictures, editing pictures and writing a blog post takes days...or in this case, weeks. You would think I had all the time in the world since I'm at home with Evie all day, but that's a big negative. I've got (a million more) thank you notes to write. I need a haircut. I need to buy smaller pants (what?!). I just can't get it all done when I've got my arms full of soft, squishy lovin'.


Measurements  |  Not sure, but I'm willing to bet that she's over 11 lbs. now. My back would give you a money back guarantee. Update: On April 26 (10 wks) Evie weighed 11 lb. 4 oz. and was 24" long. That's around 50th percentile in weight and 90th percentile in height. Where did this tall girl come from?

Wardrobe  |  Size 1 diapers and size 0-3 Months in clothes. I was sad when I put on the last little itty bitty Newborn diaper. She has outgrown a few of the outfits that got heavy rotation in her first month. Girl is getting big.

Milestones  |  Evie flashed her first social smile when she was 5 weeks old. The recipient of this priceless gift? Her great grandmother, Mema. She's pretty generous with her smiles these days. I've caught a few fleeting smiles on camera, but her biggest, gummiest grins are reserved for me and not the camera lens. I'm totally ok with that.


Evie likes:

  • Bedtime routine (nurse, bathe, massage, swaddle, sleep). And every morning when I wake up without bags under my eyes I thank her profusely.

  • Naps in her swing or carseat

  • Colorful, noise-making toys

  • Diaper changes

  • Making a fist and sticking her arms straight out in front of her

  • Smacking and drooling on her fists and arms when she can find them

  • Holding her hands together (hands are big deal around here)

  • Blowing spit bubbles

  • The great outdoors
Evie dislikes:

  • Napping for more than 30 or 40 minutes at a time. Hello unproductive day.

  • Pacifiers (but I'll keep trying)

  • Tummy time, if it lasts more than a few minutes

I'm not sure when it happened, but at some point our newborn grew into a baby. She's awake, she's alert, she smiles and she interacts. I can't put on the brakes, so I'll just enjoy the ride.



1 comment:

Tara Beth said...

I LOVE that little outfit she's got on in these pictures!! ;) I'm glad that it looks so good on her!