April 15, 2010

Confession


I have a confession. This whole having a baby thing has created a monster. I've always taken a lot of pictures. An excessive amount, actually. I can't snap one, I have to snap 100 to make sure I get the perfect shot. I think this started with my polaroid camera in middle school. I took picture after picture of my sheltie, McGee, dressed up in Auburn t-shirts and sunglasses. My imagination was limited only by the number of my polaroid film cartridges. Thankfully, digital photography has given me freedom...freedom to torture. So really it shouldn't surprise me that, with this perfect little angel of a subject, I have turned into a full-time mom paparazzi.


I have taken an obscene amount of pictures of Evie. Ready for it? Over 3,000. Nope, not kidding. In this child's 2 months of life I have hovered over her with a camera over 3,000 times. She may think my face has a large, round black hole in it.


For every picture I share with friends and family there are many more like it. Only from different angles and of different faces. You see, Evie is constantly moving and making faces and doing new things. Every single thing she does is so darn cute. Combine that with my technical photography shortcomings and you have a recipe for picture overload.



Most of the pictures I take are out of focus or underexposed. I need a better lens, better lighting. However, I can't bring myself to delete any of them. I will hoard them and cherish them because they are little snapshots of Evie's life.

1 comment:

The Rogers Family said...

You are taking so many beautiful pictures because you have 1) a beautiful subject and 2) a cooperative subject! I actually think I remember some of those photos of your sheltie! Keep up the obsession!