Somebody hit the fast forward button on me. Was Evie really born 4 weeks ago? Was it a whole month ago when we were in the hospital changing the first poopy diapers and trying desperately to breastfeed? Will every month go by so quickly? Yep, yep, yep.
I've learned a lot in one month but I'm saving those tidbits for my next post. Right now, it's all about remembering Evie during her first 4 weeks of life.
Weight | Evie weighed 7 lbs. 15 oz. when she was born. Like most babies, she lost some weight while we were in the hospital. She weighed 7 lbs. 6 oz. when we checked out on February 17th. A breastfeeding mom's greatest concern is whether her baby is getting enough to eat. Well, on March 16th we went to Dr. Greer's office for her 1 month weigh-in and Evie was a hefty 9 lbs. 6 oz. I was a proud mama! She's on her way back to her original weight percentile.
Wardrobe | We're still wearing Newborn clothes and diapers. Some of her 0-3 month clothes fit loosely.
Wardrobe | We're still wearing Newborn clothes and diapers. Some of her 0-3 month clothes fit loosely.
Belly Button | Evie's umbilical cord finally fell off on March 2nd when she was 16 days old and it took a few more days to finish healing. Which means...
First Bath | Evie had her first bath on March 7th when she was 3 weeks old. The first bath was a bust. Evie was hungry and did not appreciate the pre-dinner activity. Subsequent baths have been better timed and more enjoyable for everyone.
Rollover | On March 16th when she was 30 days old she rolled over from her tummy to her back. I had just laid her down on her lamb for some tummy time, turned around to move a chair, and when I turned back she was mid-roll. I grabbed my camera and caught the aftermath. She was a little upset with all that activity. It will probably be a few more months before she rolls over regularly and on purpose, but I'm going to give her credit. This little girl is strong!
Evie likes:
- Being held
- Sleeping (she sleeps like a champ at night)
- Eating (we're on a 2.5-3 hour schedule during the day but she'll go longer at night)
- Tummy time / nap time on mom or dad's chest
- Holding up her head (she's been doing that since day 2 - strong neck!)
- Stretching, grunting and making funny noises and faces
- Car or stroller rides
- Sitting in the bouncer while mom showers
- Swinging (for a little while - let's not push it, thank you)
- Looking around, especially at bright colors or black/white contrasts (the newspaper does the job)
- Being walked around (which makes the Bjorn a hit)
- Lying on her back when she has gas (nope, you better pick that baby up and walk around!)
- Being hungry (all of the above-mentioned enjoyable activities become BIG DISLIKES when she's hungry - must have milk!)
- Pacifiers, unfortunately
I think that covers it. She's a pretty happy baby unless she's hungry or gassy. I'm so thankful for this healthy, happy and beautiful baby girl!





1 comment:
how wonderful Ash... later on you're going to be so glad you captured all this info while it's still fresh and new! And thanks for sharing with us! Love y'all!
Post a Comment