November 18, 2009

Hello 3rd Trimester

I'm 27 weeks! That didn't mean a whole to me until I realized I had entered the final phase of pregnancy. Third trimester is notoriously full of discomfort and issues and swelling and kicks to vital organs, but I'm off to a good start. I'm feeling better right now (after finally shaking 3 weeks of the Yuck and Bronchitis) than I have since early pregnancy. I also have a lot of good news:
  • I do NOT have gestational diabetes! My doctor said I passed the 3 hour glucose test with flying colors. Hallelujah.
  • We have baby furniture! It's piled up in our dining room at the moment, but this weekend we have plans, big plans. I will direct and supervise as Michael curses the assembly instructions. Isn't that a right of passage into parenthood?
  • I had my first baby shower! Seven (of the fabulous 8) drove and flew in from all over (Alabama, Georgia, Utah, Louisiana) to celebrate the arrival of a baby boy and a baby girl. It will be a while before the Italy Girls are together again, so we soaked up a few hours of laughter to last us until April when Jessica gets married.
  • I think I finally look like I'm having a baby. For a while I looked like I always did. You know, like I had a 15 pound cystic mass in my abdomen. This is ALL baby now!

Back: Netherland, Ashley S. and Jessica
Front: Jenny, Kristi (with baby Trey in tow), Me and Katie
MIA: Kristen!


Typical Ashley!


Kristi, Jess & Me

I think you can see a belly in the 3rd picture. I didn't realize how "high" I'm carrying until I saw Kristi. We're due 3 days apart and having her at my side (via Blackberry - Utah is so far away) has been so much fun. I have someone to commiserate and celebrate with every step of the way.

These girls have given so much to me. I love how every personality adds to our mix. We can't get together without remembering and longing for Italy, but we've shared so much since then. This time Kristi and I were showered with baby gifts. A big THANK YOU to my girls!

I'm just full of smiles right now. I walk into my house and it's a beautiful mess. I see baby furniture boxes, diapers, onesies, bibs, blankets, a diaper bag, a boppy pillow and a bouncer. It looks like a baby might be moving in!


No comments: