I need to write. There are too many things to do and writing keeps getting bumped down to the bottom of the list. But I've got to stop everything else more often and write down what I'm thinking, what we're doing. This blog is here to keep family and friends updated on Evie's life, but, more importantly, I want it to serve as my little online journal. Every time I think about posting on the blog I worry about getting pictures ready. We all know I have thousands of pictures to sort through and it takes quite a bit of time to get them all prettied up for publishing. As much as I love pictures and love sharing them, it's more important for me to write it out. A picture is worth a thousand words and all that jazz, but a picture won't show me what I was FEELING and THINKING years from now when I'm looking back to these fleeting days as a first time mom to this amazing little baby of mine.
I want to remember this feeling I get all the time. It's a sudden out-of-body look at me with Evie, the realization that I have a baby; I am her mom. Life has changed so quickly and dramatically in the past year. Every now and then I feel a little bewildered, like someone plucked me out of my old life and placed me here, facing a completely new direction. It's wonderful, it's rewarding, I'm rolling with it. My heart can barely contain my feelings and emotions in this life. There's that beautiful baby with her sweet noises, little bitty toes, hands that grasp my finger and reach out to touch my face. There's Michael, a guy who stepped into his daddy shoes on day 1 when he held his crying newborn baby, changed her really exciting poopy diapers and now finds his joy in making her smile. There's me, blowing raspberries on her tummy, laundering little baby clothes, singing Billy Joel songs when I can't remember more than 5 words to old lullabies. I love this life. It's time to put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard; my handwriting muscles haven't been exercised since I graduated from college).


1 comment:
You are a great mom. I have found that the feelings have far outlasted the actual memories. I can look at pictures and those feelings come rushing back. Just remember that time goes by with frightening speed, so enjoy the small stuff , good and bad!
Post a Comment