I obviously knew I was pregnant before anyone else, but the hardest part was keeping the secret for SIX DAYS before I was able to see Michael in person. I didn't want to tell him over the phone (he was working in Louisiana) and I didn't want anyone else to know before he did. Finally, on Sunday, June 21, we were home together in Auburn. I gave him this framed picture as a little surprise gift.
He grinned and said, "are you serious?" I love that we were able to celebrate Michael's very first Father's Day, even if he was in a state of shock. This was a huge surprise!
We've been through a lot since then. Now, at 18 weeks, the baby and I are both healthy and growing. Our ultrasound on September 16th gave us a little peek at what's going on inside my tummy.
After many weeks of anticipation (I wasn't very patient) we found out, to my sheer delight, that we are having a girl! You can see in the third ultrasound picture that she was curled up tight into a roly poly ball, but the technician was able to check and confirm all signs of healthy development. What a blessing.
This baby doesn't have a name yet, but it's a GIRL and she's due on FEBRUARY 16, 2010. We can't wait to meet her!

4 comments:
Ahhhhh...we are SO excited for y'all. I just wish there was still time to create a baby and be due the same time as you and KB. We love you and can't wait to meet your precious baby girl!!
~jenny & jason milligan
Yeah! A wonderful blessing is yours, dear ones. We continue to pray for your safety and health. Congratulations!!!!! Love and kisses, "Aunt" Michelle, Uncle Scott, Jordan and Chloe
So excited for you two! Looking forward to keeping up with the blog.
Love you!
(And Jenny--you and Jason can wait a little and plan it with me&Danny, Ryan&Katie, lol)
Thank GOODNESS you are having a girl!! I had thoughts of you trying to shove the thing back in if it was a boy... :) I am going to buy THE CUTEST stuff for her!!!!! LOVE YOUR FACE OFF!!!
Post a Comment